Monday, September 20, 2010

Only in Oklahoma

I love the details of life, and people, and events. Bliss to me is being able to observe a single snapshot of life down to the minutia and describe in detail. Today I saw a well-timed snapshot of life one can only see in Oklahoma...

I was getting ready to make an illegal turn onto a popular Tulsa street. I almost ran my car into overly manicured Mid-town landscape. He was about sixty-five, leather-skinned, and the lines in his face told stories of stampeding cows, rattlesnakes, and bucking horses. The chambray pearl-snap shirt and well-shaped straw Stetson topped off the picture. If he'd been strolling down the street, he would have had a bow-legged swagger, I'm sure. As it was, his shiny, candy apple red, convertible Mustang was the horse he was driving today.

Love me some Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment